sysprep help

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilsams

Beta member
I want to creat an image to use with a few computers running OEM versions of XP Pro and Office 2003. Is there an option to manually put in the OEM keys for both XP pro and Office 2003 before or after I push the image to the pc's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

it should be in there already...after you installed XP, you already have the key installed and all the software keys too. How are you doing the images?

sysprep is usually used for volume licences so you dont hafta put the keys in.

Warez Monster said:
it should be in there already...after you installed XP, you already have the key installed and all the software keys too. How are you doing the images?

sysprep runs a minisetup on the first boot after restoring the image. this regenerates a sid for the system along with allowing you to set config normally set on a typical install.

you can automate this process by creating a sysprep.inf on a floppy disk and insert it as the system boots for the first time.

if you do not have a entry for the cdkey in the sysprep.inf the system will ask you for one. But the office install will have the key you installed it with. You could leave a copy of the office install on the drive that you are imaging tho. Then after the sysprep is complete, run the office install.

I am using a master image from one computer and putting it on several computers. What I want to do is input the OEM CD keys from each individual computer for XP pro and Office 2003 once I have imaged the computers and then skip activation. I do not have a volume license version of these products, but I do own OEM versions of all of the software for each computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom