SysPrep & Acronis Enterprise Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Does anyone use Acronis to save a Sysprep'ed machine to the network and if so, how do you do it, if you can at all? What I do after the machine has shutdown from SysPrep, I use the Recovery Boot CD to make the image. I dont have 2 hard drives, nor a dvd burner on these computers. But, I can see my apps servers, have access to them but for some reason, I cant save the image their, and I also cant append an image that is already there, I receive an error message. Now when I make an Image when Im at my desktop and then have Acronis send it to the server, it works just fine, but not when I use Sysprep. Currently, I use an extra hdd that I cloned and now I hook it up as a slave, then clone it to the new pc which is fine but Id rather not take the pc apart to do it, a simple dvd image would be nice.

i use ghost network boot disk
or
barts network boot disk and run ghost off my wkst

you should run sysprep and shutdown. image the hd. transfer the image. It sounds like you know what to do but you are having trouble transfering the image.

check share/ntfs permissions. what error do you get?

Yea lets see what kind of error you get. So it seems like when syspreps strips the OS of its unique features Acronis does not like something that is being removed? I've never used the server stuff from Acronis but done plenty with Ghost/Ghost Cast Server.

I havent had problems with sysprep and ghost cast so not sure what would be causing it. It's very nice doing it all network based and having 30 PC's up in running in about 30 minutes :) Now only if I can get the PXE boot working there would be no need for a boot disk floppy anymore :) Aghh yes I shall succeed!!

The file name, location or format "\\hebfps001\apps\ibmR52 Image\R52.tib" is not valid. Please type the file name or location in the correct format.

That is the error I receive when trying to save it to the network. I am on the network, at the R52 Image folder on my apps drive, its empty and I receive this error, I get a little further if I try to append an image that is already there but then I can another error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom