SYSprep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaris

Fully Optimized
Just a few quick questions...

Do any of you on the forum here know anything about SYSPREP.
I'm trying to get our comany image configured using it and am having a heck of a time.
We are using Windows XP pro volume and I have been able to get the base install to work, but our build is not in it's 5 revision, and going back to the begining to start fresh is not an option.

The problem that I am currently having is related to the post configuration. I can create the boot environment and get up to the start point, but am getting an error when the utility is trying to edit the registry...

Any ideas???

Thanks

We use sysprep on our images to avoid having duplicate SID's running around. Unfortunately I did not set up sysprep, but I know we used minisetup.

Your clues just make me think of permissions. The user which is running the editing task, is it an admin?

Yup. ME. I'm the admin for this. Also, this is post config which would lead me to the local account. I actually had a thought about this, and I think that it is related to us changing the Administrator account to anouther name. I have changed it back to Administrtor, but am still getting the same error.
If any one has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom