sysai and then some - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2004, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to ozeepat Send a message via Yahoo to ozeepat
Default sysai and then some

Hi Guys & Gals,
I am looking for help with a problem that has me baffled. My neighbor's are experiencing problems with their computer. The mouse goes wild, and when clicking on any icon on the desktop, including my computer, it gives the properties instead of executing the program. Also,they are unable to access the Internet, even through AOL. They have cable, and bring their own access.
I found that there is a program that is probably causing this problem. I don't know the program, but when I go to the task list, the following items show up there; Ymxbd, lwyv8 and sysai. I went to msconfig and did selective startup and removed the check mark from "load startup group items" but when I re-booted these programs were still there. Then I went to the startup tab in msconfig and there they were. I removed the check marks manually and re-booted and everything was back to normal. However when I re-booted again, they were back. I tried to search for these files, but search is unable to find them. In doing some research, I found someone who says sysai is part of a pac-man program. Also, someone alluded to these files as a virus.
If anyone knows anything about these files, I would greatly appreciate the help. Also, I remember once seeing a way of removing stubborn files that keep coming back to the task list no matter how many times you end their task. I personally have that problem with one file that keeps coming back even after I de-select it in msconfig. Problem is that I don't remember the solution and can't find it again. It may not solve the problem completely, but until I can find how to find the program and get rid of it, it will at least help them to use their computer, and most importantly, let them access the Internet. As usual I would appreciate any help you may give. Thanking you in advance,I am,
Pat Napolitano
P.S. I used a spyware removal program and that also worked, but only one time,and then they were back.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

hey nice seeing you over here too

Please do this. Click here: to download Hijack This. Save it to it’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise

this can fit on a floppy

those do look viral of some sort

X - SysAI = SysAI.exe > AproposMedia adware , also creates SysAI folder in Program Files, where the SysAI.exe is also located.

they might also be hidden you might also try to unhide you folders to then try and find them

but the other ones look like something else

AdAware | Spybot S&D 1.4 | spyware guard & spyware blaster |

How did I get infected in the first place By Tony Klein

If you use IE I suggest using thes two programs IE Hosts & IE-SPYAD

Old 04-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to ozeepat Send a message via Yahoo to ozeepat
Default Thanks

Ok, I'll try that also. And thanks once more.
Closed Thread