Sys Temp Monitor programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I have tried a few System Temperature monitor programs.

What I have been looking for was one that sits nicely in Vista sidebar, I have found 2 and they both require 3rd party apps to run in the background.

Speed fan for one and Everest for the other, Now I have tried them both and the speed fan one is close to what the ASUS PcProbe II reads, but the Everest driven one is way off, it says my CPU temp is 127'C on idle, and bounces from 84 to 127'C.. LOL.

The Speed fan shows more close to the ASUS Probe, between 40 and 50'C

Why is Everest so off and why are their not more Vista gadgets that work for CPU and MB Temp monitor?

Have you tried coretemp?

Does it have a Vista sidebar gadget?.. I am looking for those and the one that works off speed fan, is right on with the Asus probe. but if there are other Vista sidebar Temp mon gadgets out there, please share.

Does it have a Vista sidebar gadget?.. I am looking for those and the one that works off speed fan, is right on with the Asus probe. but if there are other Vista sidebar Temp mon gadgets out there, please share.

Check both programs vs your BIOS. Whatever program is closest to that, use it. Not sure of any that have a Sidebar addon, or if there are any for sidebar.

I usually have speed fan running and when minimized it shows my CPU temp next to the clock

It's just one temp but it's a good indicator of the other temps too

The Asus temp probe II is about the most accurate for a software tool to start with. Everest and others are known for false reports of high temps. I would tend to be skeptical on something for the sidebar while the minimized SpeedFan temps on the taskbar would be a thought there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom