Sys Restore won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares82

Baseband Member
Ok I hope someone can help me out here.

I just updated my Win XP to SP2. And I'm having a massive amount of problems with it because now half of my programs won't work, not even Microsoft's own Internet Explorer (though oddly enough Firefox has no problems running).

Anyways, I tried to do a System Restore, but System Restore won't start either. When I click on the shortcut absolutely nothing happens. I tried running the file directly from the folder and it's not working. I tried disabling it, restarting, then enabling it, and that hasn't helped. I tried running it from Safe Mode, no luck. Tried running it from command prompt in Safe Mode and no luck, either.

So I need to somehow fix the system restore, and restore my computer back to the time before I desided to update to SP2.

Can someone please help me.....?

Try repairing windows with the CD. I'm pretty sure all your updates are kept when you do this.

You mean use the Windows CD to repair? It will work even though I have SP2 installed and the CD is for Windows XP SP1?

1. Back up important data before removing sp2
2. Go to uninstall programs
3. Remove sp2
4. Cross your fingers and hope it worked.

Good luck

OK well after holding my fingers crossed, uninstall seems to have done the trick. Everything seems to be working for now.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom