Sync2 for outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Rekit

In Runtime
Anyone use this? I understand that it will update the other outlook system with new info whenever they are scheduled to do so, but if you have made changes to both outlooks, which one will be the master and will one of your changes be overwritten with the other outlook? or will it find the changes on both and update both accordingly?

Also how easy is it to use and is there something better I should be looking at to link my desktop outlook to my laptop?

Thanks,

John

Hello,

Honestly i have never heard of this. Can you provide a link?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Sorry i can not say that i have heard or seen of this before so i really cant give a accurate assestment of this product. But i will get the trial and give it a test run.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks, I hope you're not doing that just for be, but please let me know what you think of it if you do check it out.

I will probably mess with it in the next week or so whenever I can make some extra time here at work.

John

Well, I finally got around to downloading it and it seems to be a little more cumbersome than I was hoping for. To be really effective, it needs to be set up with an ftp so it can be done automatically on a regular basis only having to go back 3 days.

I have it set up using a memory stick right now and have it going back 1 month with the folders since I don't want to miss the 2 week cutoff and have incomplete data. The only problem with this is it takes absolutely forever (not hogging system resources, just slow)

I'm still looking for a good way to keep 2 systems organized and looking the same.

Hello,

I have noticed that myself that it seems slow. Since i just used it among my dual boot system it was very annoying. Sadly this is really the only method to keep both system synced.

I have gone as far as taking the data from my outlook.pst file and copying it over to the other OS but this wouldnt work from a Home to a Work PC.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom