sync outlook express between two computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnu

Solid State Member
I have a desktop and a laptop and would like to be able to sync outlook express between them.

I currently only run OE on my desktop but not on my laptop because I don't want to have my messages scattered around. Leaving a copy of the email on the server won't work--both my email providers will only let me download messages to a computer once.

I've searched around, but I really haven't been able to find any really promising programs to do this. Any suggestions or programs that you use?

Well you could use a internet email provider. Such as GMail which has 2GB of storage and leave your messages on there.

Other than that i dont think there is a way to sync you OE between 2 PC's like you want. Unless you forward the message to yourself and download it with the other PC. Either that or hook them up thru a network and transfer the emails that way.

I'm actually using Gmail, and popping it with Outlook Express. But it only lets you download it once. It's just inconvenient having to access my email accounts separately via a browser.

Does anyone else know of a program that can sync OE on two computers? Something like ActiveSync, but for computers?

Well with GMail you can just go to your settings and then to the forward/pop. From there just click on the download all mail and save. It will allow you to download all you messages again. I know that is a pain but it will allow you to have your messages on both PC's.

At that point you can just delete the duplicate items. At this this way you can have you emails on both PC's until something better is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom