I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorta lost.
I got a strange problem that has been bugging me for the last two days. A rogue folder on my PC's C Drive now occupies
17 GB of space; every attempt to free up more space ends up in that space getting mysteriously filled up.
Location of the file:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\SubEng
Symantec Norton Antivirus 2007 is installed on my PC.
1) I have cleared browser caches, cookies, temp internet files.
2) Ad-aware and Norton 2007 show no viruses/adware etc.
3) Windows XP Pro, SP2, 2 GB RAM
4) No recent history of the PC being infected by a virus.
5) Other drives (F Drive, G Drive) remain unaffected by this problem.
6) Images links below.
I could think of two easy solutions, either delete the file (and risk losing my Norton 2007) or creating a new drive and placing that file there.
I'm sure there's a more reasonable solution.