symantec software

Status
Not open for further replies.

actionsave

Solid State Member
im not sure if this is the right forum but ill give it a shot. i am running the backup exec and i am trying to figure out what to do and im running out of ideas... it is probably something simple that i am missing but the error i am getting is...

Selection of this item is disabled. Possible reasons are:

Backup Exec for Windows Servers remote agent on the remote computer is a previous or incompatible version

The remote agent is not installed on the remote computer

A license for the remote computer is not installed on the remote computer

You are not authorized to access this item

Possible solutions are:

Reinstall the remote agent on the remote computer

Enter a remote agent license number on the media server

Use a different logon account to connect to the remote computer

where should i go from here? any suggestion or hints would be greatly appreciated... i already searched through their knowledgebase and the help file within the program (nothing helpful)

did you install the remote agent on the client?

if not, pop in the backup exec cd on the backup server and tell it to install a remote agent. the license # should be stored within the server but if not have the number ready to enter. Pick the client from the list, the client must be turned on and connected to the network. After installing the agent, the client will be forced to reboot.

backup exec was created by veritas and is widely used in corporate environments. symantec recently bought out vertias and branded the product with their name.

i have somewhat figured out the problem, i am just having an issue accessing the the server from the workstation.. just one in particular... i have the same settings on both pcs... what could be the issue? would it be profile settings through the pc itself or something within the program? (i have uninstalled the program about 3 times and reinstalled it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom