Symantec Antivirus Corporate v.9 installation to NT4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike-Freedon

Solid State Member
Does anyone know why every time I try to re-install SAV 9 to one of our NT4 server it would stop and say that the installation wizard complete.

“The wizard was interrupted before Symantec Antivirus could be completely installed.” I’ve un-installed the previous installation, removed the Symantec directory(ies), and removed any antivirus from the registry.

Still would not install and I would get the “Installation Wizard Complete”.

What should I do to re-install SAV 9? Yes, I know, I should be in Win2003 Sever – that’s on my next agenda.

Thanks in Advance.

Yes, I had to un-install it because it would constantly locking up the system on every weekly update.

The weird thing is that when I install the SAV client through the SAV server - it would complet the installation. But, when I go back to the NT4 server, It doesn't have the Symantec directory folder and after reboot - still no Symanted directory in program files and the sheild icon on the systray is not present. Which means that the installation did not work.

When I install it using the installation CD, it would go through the installation process but toward the part when writing to the drive - it would reverse the process and quit the installation process and give me the:

"Installation Wizard Complete

The Wizard was interupted before Symantec Antivirus could be completey installed.

Your..... blah, blah, blah,

Click finish to exit the wizard."

So, what do you think is the problem?

Thanks in advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom