Switching from Norton AV 2005 to 2006 Question ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswes

In Runtime
Hi there,

Am currently using NAV 2005 , is there any critical enhancements in NAV 2006 that makes it worth to upgrade ? or shall I stick to the 2005 and am not missing much ?

Thanks in advance

normally when they bring out a new version they have just updated so it detects the latest virus's that wernt around when they made the previous version...but if u dont want virus's on your PC i recommend upgrading...

@Avalanch3 they do have the virus updates that do this for all version of Norton AV. It doesnt only include the newer versions. If that was the case they would release a new version of Norton every week. ;)

weswes i would agree with EricB on this. NOD32 is a much better AV than Norton. I have used Norton for so long until i found NOD32 and now i wont go back. I would recommend checking it out. Google Eset or NOD32 to find it.

I use Antivir Personal Edition v7 beta
after I switched from Norton, I never looked back. virus scans are 10 times as fast, and first time I ran it, it detected 26 viruses Norton missed

I've also tried nod32. it's really good. the only downside is it isn't free.

some people also like Avast and AVG, which are also better than Norton

my parents are using norton antivirus 2003, still works, still gets the virus definitions.

norton antivirus 2006 just has enhancements that 2003 doesnt have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom