switching to classic view in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitschej

Baseband Member
I try to switch to classic view in windows xp and I get an error telling me that it was unable to download the file. I don't know what file it is talking about because it does not tell me. I was just wondering if anybody out there has run into this problem and what you did to fix it. I just want to switch to classic view on the main screen. Thanks to anyone who responds to this posting.

How ya doing it? I right-Click on my Taskbar then click Properties, then click Start Menu, Click Classic Start Menu & Apply. It works on my PC.

I have tried that and it says that it has a problem downloading a file. It does not say what file, but I thought that the files for switching to classic view were already installed with XP.

I've never heard of this one, but that doesn't mean much either. Maybe a "Repair" of Win XP Via the Disc.:confused:

since its already installed when you install o/s wouldn't it be a corrupt file error?

Seriously ..post a screen shot .. Never heard of this b4...

N' as XT said it .. would it not be a file corrupt msg.??

I don't get an error code. I just get this box that comes up that says that it could not download the file. I am guessing that it is a corrupt install. It is not a burned copy of xp and the disk is not damaged. I was just hoping that I could repair this files without having to reinstall xp over the top. I have never run into this problem before with all of the computers that are running windows xp that have gone thru my shop.

Failing that, and this is NOT switching to classic view but it turns off the XP graphics:

Right click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance> click on 'Adjust For Best Performance' and it'll deselect everything in the list, now your desktop and subsequent windows will have a classic view to them, although it is NOT the proper way to select classic view, it merely turns off a lot of the XP graphics and colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom