"Super" Defragger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Sooo, does something like a 'super' defragger exist? I'm trying to defrag my 200gb HD that's fragmented like you wouldn't believe. I'm posting of pic of what it looks like and then you can see the bar of what it looks like after it defragged......hardly any difference.

When I go to view report it's like 34% total fragmentation and 68% file fragmentation. The reason it won't change much because of defragging is because it says a crapload of files can't be moved. A lot of them are labeled as "System volume information/restore" which is being showed as the files that can't be moved as well as a bunch of video files that are what mainly occupy this drive.

A lot of times I'll go to delete a file and it'll delete, but then I'll still see the file there and if I try to delete it again it'll say it's in use. When I restart it'll be gone, but that's rather annoying to go through and I figure it's cause my drive is cluttered as crap.

Believe it or not, the image I'm showing, is after I've hit defrag like 4 or 5 times.

This is why I need to super EXTREME heavy duty defragger if such exists. Anyone know?

Cool, I'll check it out. Currently I found one called "VoptXP" that seems to be working better than the previous one. Has a better display function of the clusters and it actually moving it, kind of like the defrag on win98 looked. It seems like it's trucking along quite good, but I've only had it running for 5 minutes or so, so we'll see after it's done, then I'll use the windows system analyzer just to see how it looks on that.

That one I mentioned is also only 30 days, I was gonna pay for it too but then I saw it was $40 freakin bucks and thought nevermind. I was hoping it'd be a cheap $15 proggie or something.

Anywho, I'll get the one you suggested and probably use them both just to get it down to 0% fragmentation. My C: drive is like that. Windows defragger works fine on it, but it's only an 80gb HD and the C: is a 25gb partition compared to my 200gb which has torrents going to it daily which really fragments it.

Thanks for the suggestions, that's exactly what I was looking for was some users who have used other programs before. Naturally I googled for some too, but I wouldn't know which one would be good without other users info.

Thanks trotter

Awesome program trotter, thanks for leading me to it. Cleaned my disk right up :D it's at 99% completed on it's first run using the 'space' method and it's down to 6.5% from 68%. It's been at 99% completed FOREVER now, it went from like 35% down to this 6.5% just while it was at 99% completed. Gonna try out the other methods as well.

Definitely just gotta not let my drive get that bad.

EDIT:

Excellent "after" picture dont you think :D

Yeah I know it was a lot of red lol. I've been trying to get rid of it for a while and for whatever reason a 3rd party defragger never occured to me. Duhhhhhhhh, of course the built in windows defragger would be crap, don't know why I'd expect anything else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom