stupid windows firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
i already have a firewall and windows firewall is still on.
i went to the windows firewall settings and i checked *turn off* but it wont turn off. it still asks me stupid things and the green on button still lights up. i want to turn this useless thing off. how?

Are you joined to a domain? have you tried killing the service? Control panel- admin tools-services. looking for windows firewall/ICS

Ok you have i firewall but why do you have to turn windows FW off??? you can keep it as a backup,, me i have ZA and windows FW all running fine

psman said:
Ok you have i firewall but why do you have to turn windows FW off??? you can keep it as a backup,, me i have ZA and windows FW all running fine
He's right. Configure the SP2 firewall and let it run. It's a good backup and it can't hurt having the extra security.

BTW, you have to kill the firewall service for it to stop. The checkbox is just a check to tell the OS to change the setup when you reboot.

click recommendations and check off the tap that says you have independent software. It will no longer monitor the firewall and yyou will never see a balloon pop up again

DJ-CHRIS said:
It's not worth it to use software firewalls

Just get a niec hardware firewall :D

not all of us have 100$ to spend on one.

are u on a network?
you did uncheck the security finder for a firewall right?
what firewall are you using?
and do u have the sp2 firewall on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom