Stupid question time - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Stupid question time

If I downloaded some software and scanned it with it with nod32 superantisoftware pro and malwarebytes antomalware and it didn't find any harmful things. When I went to install the software, super antispyware stopped a few harmful things, 1 being vundi. I quarenteened anything it found and removed it after that.

The question I have for you all is it safe to use the software after all this or should I remove it and try and find another one?

Also, Is it ok to use nod32 smart security on my home computer if it is business edition even if the icon in my icon tray is blue?

cheers

Old 07-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste
Default Re: Stupid question time

Run a different spyware program such as Spyware Blaster... Or spybot search and destroy..

Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Hello,

If it found a virus in the program I would try one of two things;

Getting the data from another source
Find another piece of software that does what you request

Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Run a different spyware program such as Spyware Blaster... Or spybot search and destroy..
and after that if one of those programs doesn't find anything, is it OK to use the previously infected software?

cheers
Old 07-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Hello,

If NOD32 catches something it is NEVER good to use it. No matter how many apps you run it thru to check and see if it is clean. It is NEVER a good idea to run any software that ANY Virus scanner catches a problem with. EVER.

This is the internet. With 400,000 different downloads for every piece of software out there. Find a better copy. Why take chances with your system? You will jst be back here asking how to remove the infection if you run it. but in the end it is your choice. If you wish to take the chance and run infected software we cant stop you no matter how many scanners you run it through.

Cheers,
Mak

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Mak213, I would never run an unsafe software if there were questions about it if anyone such as yourself say it is not adviseable. That is the reason I post here.

I do have another question for you though. I just installed another version of NOD32 security suite without a problem. I then clicked on update and it came back saying "virus signature update" invalid user name and password. Why would it say this when I used the same user name and password to install it?

CHEERS
Old 07-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Hello,

That would be because the username and password used was blacklisted by NOD32 and Eset for being illegit. Plus if you used a username and password for a NOD32 Antivirus or Business editiion for Eset Smart Security Suite it would not work. Different versions have different passwords and usernames.

Check to make sure that 1. It is exactly the same from the email sent by them. 2. That it is exactly the same version as listed in the email.

Cheers,
Mak

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread