Stupid HP printer/windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
ok, well im trying to install the driver. I think what happened was I plugged it in before I shoudl have. I have tryed uninstalling the driver several times and installing it the right way. I put in the cd and go through the promps and plug in the stupid thing when it says. then the hp installation just sits there and it says this may take a few min. then something from windows pops up asking me to install the driver (you know, the new hardware found...) so I do that, it promps me with a thing saying its not digitally signed or whatever certified my microsoft whatnot. I click continue anyway. then it either seems to install fine, but shortly after, promps the the new hardware found again, or it says cannot install hardware.

please help, school charges $ .5 per page to print with their printers.

Uninstall completely...
unplug the printer, then restart your machine.
Once you bring it back up, plug in the printer and let windows do its thing. Follow the windows installation of drivers other than using both the cd driver install wizard and the windows wizard at the same time. lol did that make sense ?

Or.... you can cancel the windows installation wizard on hardware found screen. after you cancel it you can go into your device manager and lselect the properties of this new printer and update the drivers that way.

or you can uninstall completely, put the cd in, go to device manager, click update driver, select it to look in the cd. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom