stupid excel question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 04:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default stupid excel question

Ok, I know this is gonna be a stupid and easy question to answer and I knew this before but have forgotten how cuz of lack of use but...

I'm using excel from Office 2000, I created an invoice template and when opened I want the focus to be on the first cell where I'm to enter the information. no problem there, but I want all other cells where I don't enter information to be locked so that that info cannot be altered.

when I created the template I went into cell properties and made all the cells where info is to be entered unlocked. Why when I open the saved template are the supposed locked cells allowing me to enter info?

thanks

--jak

edit: nevermind, i figured it out, I had to protect the worksheet under tools>protection....duh.

Old 10-15-2004, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to OCC Fan

you have to do a data validation i think..... look towards the top of the screen where the menu is and click on data... scroll down to validation..... i think you should find out how to do it from there. or you have to protect your sheet. not sure. i just got introduced to this stuff 2 days ago in computer applications 1 in my high school.

Old 10-16-2004, 03:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

yeah, i figured it out, it was protect the sheet. i swear, when i don't use it i lose it......it'd been awhile.

but now that my on-the-side computer repair etc is picking up I needed an official standard invoice for the work done.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to OCC Fan

kewl glad i could help, this means i was paying attention in class.
Closed Thread