Which stuff do I need for watching videos at 4k/5k resolution?

What you have SHOULD run it no problem BUT would should and what does aren't always reality, I'm not a big fan of the format YouTube seems to run, Seems when a video is loaded on you tube and one of the other sites that host it seems you tube always seems to run not a smooth and doesn't even load fast so it's always pausing to catch up where other sites seem to run smooth and load fast. It might be that there is some processing needed with YouTube videos and the GTX970 is a great card although for gaming it is great up to 1080p but struggles with 4K in gaming. But streaming video it's a beast.

I just need stuff for image editing and to see videos so probably as you say I can combine many things.

I won't use it for gaming, no gaming.

Last edited:
The i5 4440 in the HP Prodesk 600 I use at work is able to run 4k video fine in the modified version of Chrome they use which uses an older version of Flash. Same with Firefox. The only thing I haven't been able to run is the new 8k video Youtube hosted which maxed the CPU. The machine does have a dedicated card in it, but it's a Radeon 6450 which is nothing special at all.

According to the Acer website the machine you have is using an Nvidia GT 705 in it. Make sure you have your monitor plugged into this card, and you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed from Visual Computing Leadership from NVIDIA

So, let's be clear: Do you all agree Nvidia 960 is the solution for the videos problems that I'm having?

So, let's be clear: Do you all agree Nvidia 960 is the solution for the videos problems that I'm having?
Re-read PP's post
The i5 4440 in the HP Prodesk 600 I use at work is able to run 4k video fine in the modified version of Chrome they use which uses an older version of Flash. Same with Firefox. The only thing I haven't been able to run is the new 8k video Youtube hosted which maxed the CPU. The machine does have a dedicated card in it, but it's a Radeon 6450 which is nothing special at all.

According to the Acer website the machine you have is using an Nvidia GT 705 in it. Make sure you have your monitor plugged into this card, and you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed from Visual Computing Leadership from NVIDIA

Yes, I do everything you said, probably when watching 4k now is better, but when trying to see 5k it continues lagging...

Back
Top Bottom