Which stuff do I need for watching videos at 4k/5k resolution?

Baldwin

Solid State Member
Hi everyone.

Now I've a normal computer 1080p without any type of graphic card. As a result of this, when I try to run a 4k video in YouTube my PC gets laggy (And, if I try 5k my computer get crashed).

In a few days I'm gonna buy a 5k monitor but if I cannot enjoy a video of this resolution, this monitor would be useless.

That's why I'm asking here what do I need to run 4k videos fluently (Nvidia, AMD,...). I don't understand the difference between them, so here I'm asking what will I need for my computer.

I won't use 4k for gaming. I just want some stuff to watch 4k videos fluently. Do you know what I'm looking for?

Thanks for information.
Greetings.

At this time I have:
32cix25a2ti8clxzg.jpg

sorry for the image language, I'm Spanish.

So, what do you think I'll need?

Thanks.

Hi Mguire

Yes, I've all drivers installed and even with that when I try to reproduce 4k my computer gets laggy.

That's why I'm asking what should I buy to improve this problem.

Hugs

Try using a different browser (Firefox and IE should be okay), and make sure it's using the Flash Player extension (and not using the HTML5 player). Try right clicking the video, go into the settings, and tick hardware acceleration so it's enabled.

I'm using google Chrome and yes, at YouTube. Even when I download the video, my computer isn't able to run it.

I don't know how to see the cpu I'm using when watching that videos.

Back when I was on a GTX560 Ti 4K YouTube videos lagged horribly. Now that I'm on a GTX970 it runs just fine.

Back
Top Bottom