Stuck in Windows Boot Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cqt1993

Beta member
Problem started yesterday. Installed Bitdefender with Nod32 not yet uninstalled. When I rebooted the loading bar in the Windows Logo screen just continued enlessly. So I went into safe mode and uninstaled Nod32 and Bitdefender. Problem still persisted.

So I did a reinstallation or an in-place upgrade of Windows XP. After copying new files, it would enter the Windows logo screen and still load endlessly. What can I do to fix this?

Reformatting is not an option since my project on programming is located in the windows drive. And my backup does not yet contain those files. Thanks!

Well since you already tried an inplace upgrade and it started to copy files over, you dont have any choice. Either you get a new drive to install Windows to and get the data you need off of this one, or you start over and use recovery software to get that data back.

The 3rd option is to use a Linux LiveCD and get the data you need off of the drive and then start fresh.

Since your stuck in the middle of the "upgrade" there isnt anything that can be done. Either you finish it or start over.

Would you happen to know on what could happen if 2 Windows XP Operating systems are installed in the same drive? One would be SP2 and the other would be SP3.

You would get the choice of selecting which one to boot to. But nothing bad would happen. You wouldnt be able to install the 2nd one using the same folder name though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom