Stuck at Welcome screen after entering credentials

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,

So I'm not sure if this user shutdown their machine while doing updates but here is the situation.
After entering credentials the computer hangs when it says Welcome.

I can get into safe mode and safe mode with networking just fine but can't seem to log in normally.
I tried chkdsk but that didn't do anything.
While it was stuck i tried ctrl alt del thinking maybe it was stuck running updates.
HDD is fine, no errors.
Windows 7 machine.
I deleted his profile and it doesn't even try creating a new one.
Just says Welcome right away.

Am I missing something here?

I really don't wanna reimage this machine.
It's barely 6 months old

EDIT

I guess we are allowed to use System Restore over here so I'm trying that now.

EDIT

System Restore keeps failing so I'm stuck again

Last edited:
Is this a domain workstation? Or just a local user account? When you go into Safe Mode, are you in as the administrator? You might try creating a new user account from Safe Mode and then attempt to log in to that one and see if the issue persists. Also in Safe Mode, I would use msconfig and see what's starting with Windows. There's gotta be something that's causing it to hang in Normal Mode if it's working fine in Safe Mode. It's just going to be disabling startup items and figuring out exactly which item is causing it.

this is a domain workstation.
I can now get into my domain admin account now in normal mode but that's it.
Still fails to create a profile when logging in as a new user.

Gonna try disabling everything in safe mode.
It's just weird now that I can get into my domain admin account but now another new profile.
I should've just reimaged this machine...wasted way too many hours.

EDIT

After many hours of failure I decided to re image.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Hey bud, sorry about the delay! I wish I could have gotten back to you before now. Usually when I experience a logon issue with a user profile, I've been able to resolve it by following the instructions here: goo.gl/CAX443

Although, I've not tried it with a domain unit, either. Anyhow, glad you got it resolved at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom