Stuck on splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. If you can figure out what that software did. You never said what you were trying to accomplish or what changes you made. So we cant really help when we have only 5% of the information.

Thanks Mak. I was setting up my system after installing windows 7 64 bit. I reached the stage where I wanted to partition my Hard Drive. I tried to download Easus partition manager but it wasnt available to work on the 64bit install. So I used a program called paragon partition manager, i set it to give me 2 partitions of 150GB each, then it said for me to reboot so I did - then my system stuck at the splash screen, so i cut the power and switched back on. From here it wont enter BIOS and the DVD drive (which is set up as first boot), wasnt recognising the windows 7 install disc, when I put it in to try a brand new reinstall. So - now im going to burn a linux live iso to dvd and then reboot with that inside my dvd drive, hopefully it will read the disc - then from here im wondering if I partition it again to fix the MBR, so that I can nullify the corrupted partition tables, which you adivsed may be the problem. Failing this - maybe my mobo has stopped working (not sure). if the linux live dvd doesnt work, i may have to get someone to come out and look at it.

I would look at the index of the Windows forum and read the topic about GParted. I would do that first and then reinstall Win7 64 Bit. The thing is with what you did, there are Windows files that are stored toward th end of the drive. So if the software did not take the time to move those files before it shrunk the partition it fully explains why this is happening. Windows cant boot cause it is missing part of its information.

So even if you could fix the MBR i dont think that it would solve your issue.

Ok, I will reboot with G-parted into the DVD drive and hopefully my PC will boot into it, then I can make the partitions and hopefully afterwords renstall win 7 64 bit. Will let you know how it goes, but im a bit worried that my PC couldnt detect the win 7 disc for a straight forward re-install as that's a boot disc. Im thinking that because my PC wouldnt boot into a win reinstall then all boot discs would be the same (including Linux Live CD, g-parted etc), hope not anyway.

Hi again -

I've tried to boot up my system with G-Parted but it's not recognising it even though I have my BIOS set to dvd drive to boot before hard drive. The green light on the DVD drive comes on but my PC just sticks at the splash screen. Any ideas? If I buy a new Hard Drive would that fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom