Stuck on splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
My PC is stuck on the splash screen and will not boot. This happened after I ran paragon partition manager, it rebooted to perform the partition and now it's completly frozen on the splash screen. Im hoping that my mobo isnt broken now. Its an Asus motherbord if that helps. What a complete nightmare, any advice would be great.

Update - I've opened up the case and reset the CMOS batt. Have also checked HD connections to and from mobo, RAM is secure. Still have same problem though. I cant access the BIOS when pressing del - so looks like im snookered. I had just finished installing 64bit windows and went to install Easus part manager but couldnt as it only works on 32 bit, so tried Paragon and that seems to have seriously screwed it up. Any ideas?

Delete is not the only key to access bios. different boards use different keys as F1 or F2.

This is at your HDD end, not your board. Try going into safe mode, press F8 before the splash comes up. Some program is blocking windows from continuing.

Try removing the hard drive power plug and see if you can access the bios. I'd say you screwed up the hard drive.

What did you do with the partition software? From the sounds of it you may have corrupted the partition tables.

I cant get into safe mode, as the splash screen is stuck there before you get the chance to press f8. (i tried pressing f8 before spalsh screen came up but didnt work). From what everyone is saying it looks like my hard drive is knackered, as was worried it was my motherboard. Will try removing it then booting to see if I can get access to the bios - and then that would tell me for certain it is the Hard drive. Is my only option to buy and install a new one or can it be recovered?

Tried the linux boot disc and it didnt work. Not sure what to try next. Im never using paragon partition manager again, as thats what done it - when it went to reboot to perform the partition. Does anyone know what I could try next?

- so, if this is the Hard Drive being confused, then will I have to buy another Hard Drive for it, or is there a way to fix it, any advice would be great thanks.

There isnt anything that can fix it. Other than a format and reinstall. If you cant get into Safe Mode, then your buggered.

Strange that a Linux LiveCD wont work. That is a bootable device. It shouldnt have any effect on the Windows install. Are you sure you got a good burn? Are you sure you have it set to boot from CD before the hard drive?

Yeah, i had a feeling I was looking at a reinstall but dont mind because ive got everything backed up. Definitely cant get into safe mode, it's stuck on the very first part of a reboot - which is the motherboard splash screen, it refused to enter the bios from here. My DVD drive is set at the first boot but assumed it wasnt playing as I put in my windows 7 install disc but it wouldnt boot from it to try a reinstall. I used a linux USB pen to try and recover but I now know that wouldnt work as the USB port isnt set as a boot device. I will now try the Linux Live CD as can dload and burn to dvd from my mums computer. If I get access via the live CD, does that mean I can somehow get my reinstall working from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom