Stuck with Microsoft Blue Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

splosh313

Beta member
Hi folks - I have a problem and would welcome any assistance.
I downloaded the so-called 'blue edition' of microsoft office. However, having realised it didn't really cut the mustard compared to the real deal, I decided to go legit and download a trial version of the offical version of microsoft's website. The problem, and i've tried several installations, is that i seem to be stuck with the inferior blue edition, even though it says its installed properly.

On top of that when i try and remove the program (in add/remove) it tells me setup cannot continue becasue a required file is either corrupted or not available. i tried installing a different version of office trial (small business edition) to see if it would replace the crappy version, but with no joy, and now i can't remove that either and am stuck with two versions of office, taking up lots of space

Oh, and my system restore has gone futt.
So you see i'm in quite a pickle. Now i realise i've got what i deserved for downloading the blue edition and i'm duly contrite, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.:)

Have you tried a third party uninstaller, like Revo Uninstaller (free program, check MajorGeeks.com)?

Great - thanks guys will give it a go.

No joy unfortunately. Even the advanced mode works by opening the office unistaller, which leads me back to the same message about a required file being missing and corrupt.
is there any freeware out there that can unistall without going through the programs native uninstaller? Many thanks x

It doesn't say, it just says a required file is either missing or corrupt.
On top of that, the copy of Word i'm using is infected with spyware - every time it goes doolally my norton pops up saying it has detected an attack etc., but i've got no choice but to carry on using it as i'm writing my dissertation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom