sttray64.exe - Bad Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
My friend has a laptop that hasn't been working right for awhile and asked if I would help him out. I agreed but can't seem to find what the problem is or how to fix it. Everytime the laptop reaches the desktop I get this message:

C:\Windows\system32\ODBC32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

After you close that message then another message about IDT PC Audio has stopped working.

My friend says the laptop would freeze when trying to launch anything or lockup at random times, although I haven't found any signs of that so far. I'm thinking it's either a trojan virus, or an uncompatible audio driver possibly?

System specs are:
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
Dell Inspiron 1545
Intel Core(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz
4 GB of RAM
64 bit OS

Yeah there is definatly malware on the system. The only problem is that during the scan the laptop keeps locking up so I never hit the point to actually fix and remove any threats detected. Any suggestions?

Ran the scan in Safe mode, fixed the errors, ran a couple more scans to make sure it didn't pick anything up, and when i booted the laptop up normally the error message was still there. -_- Also I can't get into msconfig because the error message pops again. Any advice?

Go to Spyware-Asylum, select your operating system and follow the instructions carefully.

Malwarebytes is a good program but it can't do it all by itself. Even though you've ran it once you'll need to run it again after you run Combofix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom