strugling

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so i have a database written in Microsoft Works that i have not been able to open in my desktop, since i installed a SSD. out of desperation, i copied the file to a flash drive, and plugged it into my laptop, and the file opened right up. i have no idea why this file will not open at all on my desktop. i even installed works directly into the ssd, and open office as well, but neither work. on my desktop i get a window saying that the file may be in use, or corrupt. but it clearly is not corrupt, or i would not be able to open it in my laptop. i have also tried shutting down the desktop completely and trying to open the file, with the same results. i also tried opening the flash drive, and i get the same window. do i have a problem with the ssd? i am confused.

The file itself is clearly fine or it wouldn't work on the laptop, hmmm.
Do you run any antivirus software on the desktop? If so disable or remove it temporarily and try opening the file again.

Could also be a permissions issue. Or do you have a different version of Works installed on the laptop vs desktop?

Back
Top Bottom