Strange stuff with laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster90

Solid State Member
Hey all,

Got a problem with my laptop here...when you turn it on and it loads windows it gives the BSOD (the blue screen...memory dump) and yeah...thats the problem. Any ideas on how to solve it? Yes I tried loading in safe mode...same thing...I tried booting up only the "abolutely necessary" items...same thing... Would be nice if anyone found a solution...

Roman

more info please...
type of comp
different parts in it/ any addons that you may have
software
it might be a virus...what are your internet surfing habits?

ok...its a Dell Model PP10L...I dont remember how old it is but should be round 2-3 years.
Dont think it has any addons to it.
Has Windows exp. prof. on it
I do think it wa something with the net because it was working fine before...and then I came on to it and just autodownloaded some updates for my antivirus (AVG) and read some news...I checked for viruses but it didnt find anything.
Anothe rinteresting thing is that while something like an ativirus is running it doesnt shut off...but as soon as it stops it does...

I think the last few times I've encountered this error it's been bad memory. Download and run Memtest
I've also heard that this can just be an IRQ conflict, try only starting up with only the absolutely necessary expansion cards if you haven't already.

You should check for HDD health and Ram also.
Plug your laptop HDD to other computer and run chkdsk with /r and /f parameters to fully check if your HDD in the best shape or not!
If it had a lot of bad sectors(might be), it's time to replace the HDD with the new one!
Hope this helps!

http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.2.iso.zip

Download, unzip, and load the ISO in your favorite CD burning app, and burn the image to the CD.

Pop in laptop. Turn on. Run tests for a while. If you see errors, it means your memory is bad. If you have more than one stick installed, you can try swapping them out to find the culprit.

You can also run into DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod if you are overclocking or overheating. I doubt you are overclocking, but overheating due to dust is a common problem with aging laptops. So de-dust your laptop before you run memtest. You can buy a can of compressed air at any office store- or you can do like I do and just use the blower attachment on your air compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom