Strange sleep mode problem

Runfox

In Runtime
Not sure this is software or hardware problem so here goes. New build with AsRock Extrreme 4 1155 MB, installed all the apps, maybe shouldn't have. When my computer is in sleep mode, I hit a key or mouse, it wakes slowly, and then in a couple seconds , wants to shut down, until I hit a mouse key, then it wakes up and then want to shut down again.

Really bizarre. I uninstalled the Intel Instant boot and rapid start apps that came with the MB. Maybe they were the problem. ???
Guess I don't need either with a fast CPU and SSD main drive.

Anyone else See any behavior like that with this MB and the apps that came with it???

It has nothing to do with intel instant boost.
What you can do is click start, type edit power plans and click it.
Next you tell it what you want it to do.

I recommend you let it turn off the monitor after 1 hour if your not near your computer alot.
I also recommend you let the computer stay on if its a desktop or good featured netbook/laptop.

If you do use a laptop, change the settings to when the lid is closed it will put windows on standby and go into hibermate mode.

Either way its a simple fix at times, not unless you have a motherboard that wants to have its way with default or customized settings.

Back
Top Bottom