strange magnifying box

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
im using a dell laptop w/ XP on it. for some reason today a box x has been appearing near my cursor which has been magnifying everything within its borders. i can still click seeing everything so magnified is kinda like looking thru the wrong glasses. can anyone advise why this might be happening? and how do you get rid of it? i cant do so despite what i press.

fyi my keyboard has been giving some problems. the wireless keyboard attached to my laptop isnt working properly as of yesterday and this problem started today so maybe they're related? either way dont know what to do to fix it.

Also if you checked the Magnifier and it isn't activated then do the following:

If you are using an Intellimouse with the two extra buttons near your thumb (assuming right handed use) then click the button closest to the front of the mouse to enable/disable the "magnify" function. Killing a process named point32 will also get rid of it.

Hope this helps!
Source

This only applies if you have an Intellimouse and if the previous solution does not work.

why this might be happening?
The why is easy to explain : something or someone or you, changed something that caused this problem and you let it happen.
Your security isn't strong enough, otherwise you wouldn't have that problem.

The why is easy to explain : something or someone or you, changed something that caused this problem and you let it happen.
Your security isn't strong enough, otherwise you wouldn't have that problem.

While you may be right you should not go so harsh on him for that mistake, even if it's his fault. Not everyone is secured as they need to be.

While you may be right you should not go so harsh on him for that mistake, even if it's his fault. Not everyone is secured as they need to be.
He asked why, I told him the truth. What is wrong with the truth ? The truth hurts most of the time.
If he doesn't want a stronger security, that's OK with me, it's not my computer. :)

He asked why, I told him the truth. What is wrong with the truth ? The truth hurts most of the time.
If he doesn't want a stronger security, that's OK with me, it's not my computer. :)

I know he asked why but that's pretty much a blunt way to put it. If that logic would apply to the entire forum, people would be turned off most of the time thinking they can ask for help but in turn get turned down by a harsh comment.

I know he asked why but that's pretty much a blunt way to put it. If that logic would apply to the entire forum, people would be turned off most of the time thinking they can ask for help but in turn get turned down by a harsh comment.
They laughed at me and offended me so many times, when I was a newbie, but I listened to them and improved myself, in stead of crying.

They laughed at me and offended me so many times, when I was a newbie, but I listened to them and improved myself, in stead of crying.

That would make sense but here we don't laugh at people nor offend them, we try to help them as much as possible putting ourselves in their shoes (well for me at least). As I learn, newbies are just people with minor post counts...as I see people with minor post counts and still answering as anyone else.

I'm not trying to argue in anyway nor offend or 'attack' per say, I'm just asking if you can be a lil gentler on the people. Not everyone is as secured as you, everyone's different.

Also sorry for the carrying the topic off track.

Next time, I won't tell him the truth and tell him he did very well and even kiss him. Is that better in YOUR eyes.
It's not off topic on the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom