strange magnifying box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it may not be anything at all to do with the security of the PC. Just pressing the Left Shift key 5 times in a row bring up the Sticky Keys Accessability Menu. It is not hard from there to turn on such an option like the magnifier without knowing. People also dont realize that if they dont specifically go into the control panel and turn this off, that it will continue to come up upon every restart.

So security or even allowing such a action to happen isnt necessarily the cause. As it could easily have been done by accident. Anyone could easily have done it. I know that i have done it myself by accident a couple of times. I know my security is tight and i am also the only one that uses the PC. So in my case it had nothing to do with security or allowing such a thing to happen, it was purly by accident.

Maks correct... The magnifier is started with a combo key, and I have done it a bunch... I use sticky keys, so they get locked on by accident sometimes, cazuse everything from shut downs to my puter talking to me.

Its like winkey U plus the key to start magnifier, which is g.

So easy to hit by accident.

wow erik you have issues dude. its one thing to try to be overly aggressive in a thread but then to argue over it when someone says its inappropriate is kinda out there. thanks joel for trying to protect the downtrodden haha, i didnt take offense so its all good, im just concerned about what issues this guy must be having in his own life to be suffering from such passive aggression.

Lol no prob mate. Did you get through with your problem though? Solved it or it's still happening? He's new, he'll get accustom with our cheerful community :) and who knows, may be someday his tone may be appropriate for tough decisions or something :). Everybody has good in them
Grinning_Wink_by_AutumnOwl.gif

havent fixed anything per se but also the problem hasnt happened in a while so doesnt particularly matter. this was happening while my wireless keyboard wasnt working and i had to use the laptop's keyboard. ive since bought a wired keyboard so maybe that was the solution. i do know it had nothing to do w/ security since if anything my security was TOO strong, to the point it was slowing my system down. perhaps in the future people wont make stupid assumptions and then argue for them :)

Well laptop keyboard and normal size keyboards are different size so may be you tipped of a shortcut like said :p. I get accustom to the laptop keyboard now, anytime I go on a PC it feels weird :confused:. Anyways at least it hasn't happened again, if it does be sure to update us :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom