Strange folder deletion problem? *vista*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
so when I go to delete this empty folder on my desktop it says

"this is no longer located in C:\Users\Tim\Desktop please verify the item's location and try again."

The thing is I cannot get rid of the shortcut on my desktop.

FYI the original folder was created with Camtista recording studio as a folder to store a project in...

...can anyone help me out here?

Tim

i'm not at home...where I have what I would think is a varian of the "cam" software, camtasia...camstudio

on mine...I do know it's a folder not in the obvious place.
you still have this app? load it up and do a test run, then run a search for files created...look for the new ones and maybe you'll see where the folder actually is.

Have you restarted your PC. It should be gone when you do since it says it is not where it is suppsoed to be. Could jsut be a cahce issue that a restart will resolve.

when I create a new folder with the same name as the odd one, then delete the odd one, they both go away until I next restart :(

I don't have CAM studio installed.

restarting doesn't help.

I doubt refresh will as well as it refreshes everytime you reboot right?

If you create a new fodler with the same name you shoudl get a error. But since you are not the system is not registering that you have a folder by that name.

There has got to be a deeper problem as a restart clears everything out. From cahce to RAM and this should have been resovled that way. Try going thru Osiris's guide for spyware. After that comes back we will see if we can find what is causing this.

I've run AVG virus/spyware software, nothing at all came up, his guide seems very in-depth for a very minor problem.

It is very indepth. But this problem could be spyware related. That is the only reason why i suggested going thru the guide. If it isnt spyware then the only suggestion i would have for you would be to try a restore point from before this started to happen. If you have any. If not then i dont know anymore as i cant find any info on this from M$ Sites or any KB articles.

Sorry then i honestly dont know. I have asked a few other people and they have not seen this before as well. So i really dont knwo what to suggest at this point other than Osiris's guide to see if you find anything in spyware that might affect this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom