Strange & Debilitating Firefox behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
Running Firefox 2 (2.0.0.6)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6
Windows XP Professional SP2

Lately firefox has been behaving erratically... all day today when I try to view a page, it will often pick one single element (be it an image, segment of code, or even the session cookie), and display that and only that on the page. I often get cookies (in plaintext) for the site in one tab, displaying as a different site in another tab. I also get parsing errors, such as with google, when I search for some text string, and it parses it as a segment of an unknown URL from another domain (like google could not find "/avatars/karkian.jpg" ??). I also get a lot of false 404 errors, or pages that get stuck in limbo while loading, and the reload button stops working. Many images are not loading, or loading wrong (i.e., the 'submit' button will instead show a forum logo, icons and preview images are swapped around, etc.).

It does all of these things seemingly at random, and an ever increasing percentage of the time. At this point I'll be very lucky if this post goes through the first time I click submit.

Anyone know what's up or how I can fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom