strange blue dot on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmamba

Baseband Member
Just wondered about this thing. It is in the dead center of the screen and looks like a tiny piece of a window, it changes from dark blue to a grayish blue when i click on/off of the dot (same colors as my windows). Can't right click it, can't do anything with it. Only shows up on the desktop background, not through other windows or anything.

I have rebooted a couple times, it disappeared a few minutes ago but then came back and isn't going away. Ran AdAware and Spybot and a Norton scan which didn't find anything. Attached a pic, this is really bothering me, can anyone help please?!

blue-dot.jpg

blue-dot2.jpg

TheRanger said:
What dot? I don't see a dot! (joking)

Might be a 'Dead Pixel' in your monitor.:)

bastard LoL!

No its not a dead pixel. Like I mentioned, I can click it and it changes colors just like one of my windows would, from dark blue (which i can't show with alt+prtscr) and click off it and it changes to light blue..

Here is the actual dot when I click on it and hit alt+prts......

the-dot.jpg

another thing.. if I use "Show Desktop" in Windows, it goes away along with other open windows.

lol , wierd , try turning off active desktop and see if it goes away. maybe its an active desktop item .

RangerXero said:
lol , wierd , try turning off active desktop and see if it goes away. maybe its an active desktop item .

Try that, and also try changing your wallpaper. If all else fails, FORMAT!

-Dan The Man

OIDanTheManIO said:
Try that, and also try changing your wallpaper. If all else fails, FORMAT!

-Dan The Man

I tried all those things, wallpaper, etc.. nothing made it go away, 'cept for system restore to this morning! Couldn't handle it anymore!

That was the most unexplainable thing I've seen in a while...

Thanks guys :freak:

btw Dantheman, what browser are u using? LOL ;)

Post the running processes when the dot is present.

Or format. That's what I would do if you cannot solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom