Strange audio distortion PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdxtc

Beta member
When I unplug the power cord from my computer and remove the speaker cord from the back (to move it or open it up) after I turn it back on when I start it up the sound is distorted and high pitched, kinda sounds like the chipmunks. Normally when the speakers are working properly, if I power down, as long as I don't unplug the speakers or the power cord, they don't ever screw up again till I do. Another thing that would cause the distortion is if my computer crashed or had to be manually restarted for any reason.

The sound card is built into the motherboard. The strangest thing is in the past, when this would happen, to fix it all I would have to do is turn off the computer, unplug the speakers from the back, turn the computer back on and plug them in and it would be fine. This is not working anymore...

I spent about an hour searching forums online for help and I read many posts where people described the exact problem I am having but there was never a response that helped (update drivers, try different speakers, etc..), or no response at all.

It is a very strange problem. The sound is distorted at the last point of output, CDs are distorted, windows sounds are distorted, so its not a codec problem or anything. Normally, I would say this is a hardware problem and I just need to disable the onboard card and buy a new one...but, like I said, in the past I've fixed the problem just by powering down and unplugging the speakers and plugging back in...its a mystery, please help.

Have you done the things already suggested? Like update your drivers and try a different speaker set? If not well then we cant be of much help till you do as those will be our answers as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom