Stopping access to programs and few folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heguru

In Runtime
Hi,

How to stop displaying few programs icons in Start menu and stop accessing to those programs and folders to all people who access my PC?

they can't see the programs and can't open them . Is there any software to do it?

Thanks,
heguru

Yeah, on the Start Menu...right click the unwanted icon/link to the program, and "delete" it. Empty the recycle bin afterwards. That rids the link.

Then for the access to programs/folders, well, if you're on a NT file system you can restrict users' access, else use a program from here (these are pretty basic, but they work. Note: this won't stop someone from coming in by DOS outside of windows, or anyone who's really into getting that data (hah)):
http://www.softstack.com/
"Hide Files and Folders" lets you either password protect or just hide the files (being searchable/useable) while it's active...to disable it, you just enter the password and tell it to do so.

I think those do what you just said! If not, let me know...!

Thank you Xula.

I Windows XP. But I want one account (administrator). All my friends access it. So What I want to do is hide icons from statrt menu (don't want to delete them).

If I delete the icons how can I access the programs? Even though I delete from start menu, people can see Controlpanel > Add/remove programms.

why dont you just password protect the admin account and create a guest account with limited access

Still the list of programms are displaying in other accounts. I want completely hide the program icons in Statmenu too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom