stop nvidia fro defaulting to hdmi

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
how the f do I stop nvidia from defaulting main display to HDMI
the words I want to use to describe this sht right now will get me banned for sure
it is extremely moronic for nvidia to default to hdmi when the card has display port which is used more for gaming

ridiculous

I tried to enable spanning in NVIDIA control and now everything is fuxed
my main display is on the right instead of left and left display is on the right and no matter how I position the displays in the settings it wont go back to normal

I unplugged the cables and reset settings and all kinds of seth
anyone here works for NVIDIA hang out on these forums. big thank you goes to you for wasting my time

in addition to that it keeps defaulting to HDMI sound when theres no damn speakers on the monitors... seriously woooteeeeefuk we shouldn't have these problems by now its been over 20 years since computers came around.. I don't get it why we still have compatibility issues with major brands...

ok this insane.
it just randomly shut down the display port main monitor and defaulted again to HDMI
seriously. I hope I don't meet any nvidia employees today...

how hard is it to make a damn driver that is stable and works like its intended

I have two cards in SLI, have used every major driver revision for over a year, and don't have this problem. I have my main monitor as DP and HDMI goes to my A/V which has my second monitor connected. To make matters more complicated I have a USB to dual HDMI adapter powering a 3rd display. I don't have any of these issues except for the occasional hiccup when coming out of an HDR game which Windows changes output mode. I do a clean install each driver iteration and audio actually gets switched from HDMI to DP. I just switch defaults and back to normal.

all my settings are on default.
this is not the first time it happened

when I had dp>dvi adapter for main monitor and dvi as second monitor it kept switching to DVI as main monitor on older monitors

upgraded the monitors and same issue where now hdmi is taking over as main display every time I change something or move anything around

for some reason it assigns the DP as secondary by default .
I don't know why

Right click and go to the Nvidia control panel. Go to setup multiple displays and make sure your DP monitor shows a 1 and has the asterisk on it.

it does now but it never by default every time I unplug I have to readjust everything

not only that but it keeps hijacking my speaker output evry time I restart
I already disabled HDMI sound in every possible way I could
and it again set the sound output to hdmi when I just restarted..

Back
Top Bottom