Stop errors and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximas

Baseband Member
A friend brought me a Dell Inspiron 531S to look at. He said he no longer had icons on his desktop or within the control panel. He said he was also having some issues with BSOD. He was correct as the first time I booted up I got a: BAD_POOL_CALLER and upon the second boot I got: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA stop error. Once I did manage to log on successfully, I noticed that indeed he had no icons on the desktop, and the control panel as well. I'm thinking driver issues here? But would that cause issues with the icons? Also, I ran memtest for 3 hours without an error. Any ideas as to how I might fix this? Oh, I should mention that he has Vista Home Premium on his computer.

Can you do a repair install?

I tried to use the Dell PC restore option but that did not work. The computer apparently did not come with a disk but rather a repair partition. I tried a system restore, which did not work either. I am at a dead end where that is concerned, I think.

While I still believe this is a driver issue, the more I work with this the thing the more I think there is a hardware issue as well.

No. But that is an excellent idea. Thanks for the heads up! I am at work now, but I will try this when I get home. Again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom