Stop Error while Reinstalling Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
I am trying to reinstall windows on a computer, and I put the cd in, put in serial and etc, then once the comp resarts, it gives me this blue screen. I do boot from the cd, but it gives me the blue screen. It says something about a virus being on the computer, and to run antivirus, and I did that numerous times. For the technical specs it says: STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7CAF524, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) Any ideas on what is going on?

Warez Monster said:
Inaccessible Boot Device

is that part of it?

No, it basically says that it shut down to prevent damage to the computer. It also says to check your hdd to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. It doesn't say anything about inaccesible boot device. It also says to run CHKDSK /F
:confused:

Why dont you go ahead and delete the partition, make a new one, format and install again....this will give you the least headaches

Warez Monster said:
Why dont you go ahead and delete the partition, make a new one, format and install again....this will give you the least headaches

The thing is, is that I've been trying to do that for a while now. When I insert the windows cd, and once restarting it gives me the blue screen. So I can't delete the partition. Is there another way I can do it? Thanks.

If this helps, the computer I tried reinstalling windows didn't work with pro. Then we tried home edition, that came with his pc, Dell 9100 or 9200 I believe. The home edition worked installing and didn't have the blue screen, but, after we had to restart the computer to boot from cd again because the hdd didn't format correctly, or we made an error while trying to delete partitions and etc. So we tried booting from cd again, and then the blue screen shows up with the stop error. Is there any other resolutions to this? I think I might try updating all the drivers for the whole system, but I have no idea on what else to do. Thanks for any help.

something is not adding up here. the hard drive not formating right? Xp pro will work on any system that has home on it. You need to use a Windows 98 bootdisk from www.bootdisk.com and delete the partition all together and make a new one and then format it

I think the hdd formats correctly, but I must have made a mistake when I selected the partitions. I didn't delete them all and create a new one. I have the boot disk for home and pro. I tried them both but they keep going into the blue screen after the restart. It gets into the screen where it asks for the raid and is scanning a bunch on things at the bottom of screen, but after that, the other blue screen pops up with the error. So basically I have no access to delete the partition or create a new one. Another way maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom