the stop error when installing xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
i out my hard drive on a different computer, and it works fine, xp boots up and everything.. but when i put it back in the original case, the one i want it in, it gets the dumb stop error.. just to let u know, i installed xp on the working computer, the one that i can get on with my hard drive.. so wuts the problem?

i have service pack one

The problem is that the machine you installed it on doesnt match the machine you want it in. The hardware configuration is different and that is why you get the stop error. You have to install XP on the drive in the machine in order for it to work correctly. Even if you have 2 mahinces with the same identical hardware it wont work like you want. The hardware properties that got installed dont match those of the machine you are using.

ok how do i install xp on that computer? cause it wont boot of the cd if that stop error comes up

Do you have your BIOS on that system to boot from CD? That would be the first thing to check. Is your XP CD Bootable is another question i have to ask. I know that not all of them are.

yes but it maybe be my bios not being able to boot off the cd or my mobo... cause that was the case in other insidents.. should i flash my bios? if so, please give me a walkthrough step

Well you need to know you mobo manu and your BIOS version in order to flash it. I dont know if that would be the problem. How new/old is the system you are trying to install this on?

Yeah. Well Gaim but you should be able to reach me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom