STOP Error During Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkforce898

Beta member
hello, i have been having some problems with my computer starting last night... i shut down my computer fine but when i tried to turn it back on it loads through the Windows Boot Screen (I Have Windows x64 Prof.) and then restarts after a very breif STOP error message

I tink that i could get through it by booting into safe mode but i cannot seem to get into safe mode. I have tried pressing F8 but it goes into a boot menu, which lets me choose where to boot from, but not choose safe mode.

I have also tried to boot from my CD but it will not recognize it during startup or when i choose it from the boot menu

I think this problem is with the registry because i was screwing around in there before i shut down, i know it is a stupid idea, but, ehhh

Microsoft Windows XP x64 Proffesional
Legal Version

Well the boot from CD only works if you BIOS is setup to do so. Check your BIOS and see if you have it set to boot from CD or go directly to your HDD. As for the problem without an error code cant tell you exactly what is going on. Boot up the PC and try to get at least the stop error code. just the first set is fine. IT should read 0x000000XX where XX is a combo of letter and or numbers.

yeah checked the bios it goes

Removable
CD-ROM
Hard Drive
Nothing

but it still wont read from CD if I force it through the boot menu
and still no safe mode....:(

for the stop error, ill try to get it but it goes by in like .1 seconds

hit f8 like you are going to safe uncheck the option that automatically restarts the computer when you have the BSOD.

Okay from what i ofund it is a problem with the explorer.exe process. That is why you are getting the BSOD. The only thing that was suggested was to make the drive a slave on another PC and run chkdsk to see if that could fix some of the corrupted files. If you are able to do such i would. If not it looks like you are gonna have to format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom