stop error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
Hey.. while trying to install windows XP(on brand new computer built on tuesday).. i get this error: STOP 0x0000006F. I looked it up on microsoft.com and this is what is says about that stop error:

SYMPTOMS
The following STOP message may appear when you boot Windows NT:
STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
Session3_Initialization_Failed
CAUSE
A file critical to system initialization, such as Smss.exe, may be missing or corrupted.
RESOLUTION
Use one of the following methods to restore a missing or corrupted file:
If the Windows Operating System is installed on a FAT partition, copy the initialization file to the %SystemRoot%\System32 directory.If Windows NT 3.51 or 4.0 is installed on an NTFS partition, reinstall Windows NT to a separate directory. Log on as the same user with the same permissions and copy the initialization file to the %SystemRoot%\System32 directory. If Windows 2000 is installed on an NTFS partition use the Recovery Console to replace system files.

I have no idea what this is.. i dont know what Smss.exe is.. or how it may be missing or corrupted.. and if you look at the symptoms.. it says "The following STOP message may appear when you boot Windows NT" What is windows NT? im install windows XP.. same thing?

I dont know what to do.. i keep getting this error.. so i cant even get to use this new comp. what a waste lol
K-

I beleive its your cd drive, you need to use a different one but you also need to reformat the drive so its clean

alright.. thanks, i'll take out the cd drive in this one, and put it in the new computer and see if it works, thanks man, appriciate it.

warez, you were right, it was the CD drive. I took the one out of this pc and put it into the new one.. and windows setup was going smooth. Unfortunately, like 5 mins into the setup.. it asked me to put the CD in the CD-Drive.. since it was already in the CD-Drive, I pressed ENTER to continue.. and it said that the CD couldnt be read, or it wasnt a valid Windows CD.. so I called up microsoft, and the lady varified my copy of windows home, and she gave me a number to call and get another copy of windows home, but she said that I had to wait till Monday, cause they arent open on the weekends lol. So I gotta wait till Monday.
Thanks though
K-

lol yeah.. i just wanna use my new comp, i wanna feel the speed of 3200+ and dual channel ram compared to this celeron 1.2ghz + 128 ram

edit: Warez, you said that Id need to reformat the other CD:Drive, I was wondering how to reformat a CD:Drive?
Thanks,
K-

YO! well today I got my other copy of Windows XP.. and again, the CD drive said it could not read the other *new* copy of Windows XP.. I don't get it.. I dont see how it says its not reading it.. is there such a thing as a CD drive being too old to read the new copys of windows xp? Did I not plug something into the computer? So ****ed lol

EDIT: I do have a brand new CD-Drive, but I have to reformat it, how would I go and do that? any websites out there?

Ksingler said:
is there such a thing as a CD drive being too old to read the new copys of windows xp?

yes there is such a thing as CD Drives being to old to read some cds....because the older cd's cant read the cd at the same speed it was written at...e.g. cd was written at 48x but cd drive only reads 32x....get wat i mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom