Stop error >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomdentist

Beta member
Have an old Advent 3218. Due to Advent no longer having a site for driver support etc I had to get audio drivers from driverguide. Followed the links having searched the model to this page

Service Main

Downloaded and installed the first AUDIO Driver. The pc crashed part way through install with blue screen of death. Now Windows crashes on startup, Safemode also crashes, Last know good configuration crashes and each time with blue screen. The blue screen goes instantly so i can't get any info from it.

Having read the actual download page more throughly I see that obviously its the wrong driver (didn't check as I assumed that driverguide would link to the correct page)

Ive tired repair with the windows disk but dosn't help (don't have the advent disk anymore)

I searched the bios for anything that might help (disabling apg for example, but can't do this)

I also considered just taking the hard drive from the advent pc, hooking it upto mine and then manually deleting or replacing files effected by the driver install. Though of course my mobo is sata and the advent hdd is scsi.

So far about the only option I can come up with is to reinstall windows on a new partition then copying all files that can't afford to be lost from the damaged install to the new 1

Has anyone got any better ideas that might save me from doing this ?

(normally when you are searching for a driver and try one whilst not being entirely sure it is correct, if it isnt it wont install at all, will just say the needed hardware is not present etc, don't know why this one just started to install anyway :/ )

The specs of this model are ment to be (though I can't remember if ive changed anything in the past, its now my mothers not mine, her buisness pc)

CPU AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (2.167 GHz)
Motherboard MSI 6716 ver. 1
Memory 512 MB DDR RAM - PC2700
Hard Drive 120 GB Seagate ST3120022A
CD Drive Pioneer DVR-106D
Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
Video Card nVidia GeForce FX 5200 (256MB)
Sound Card Realtek AC'97 audio
Speakers Advent SP-120N
Modem Creatix V.9x DSP Data Fax Modem
Network Card VIA VT6102 Rhine II (integrated)
Case ATX Case

You can use a LiveCD from Linux like Ubuntu or Knippox to get your files off the HDD without having to isntall Windows again.

Sadly since you already tried and repair to no avail the only thing let is to format and re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom