Stop Dell Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked23

I know things...
I have a Dell dimension 8200 that is stuck in a constant reboot loop. I get the windows splash screen then BSOD then it starts over.

I don't see any place in bios to turn off the automatic reboot after system failure......

The PC does not boot into the os.

Is there anyway to disable so i can read the BSOD?

Yes i can go into Bios.. but i didn't see a setting to turn this feature off.

No hardware changes.

Boot disk...haven't tried that yet. i was kinda of hoping to read the error first. I suspect a hdd failure and already had planned on replacing this one.

What is the BSOD you are getting? Read the 2 sticky topics about Decoding Stop Messages and how to trouble shoot them for information on what we need.

Also did you try to fix the boot with a fdixmbr and fixboot in the Recovery Console?

What is the BSOD you are getting? Read the 2 sticky topics about Decoding Stop Messages and how to trouble shoot them for information on what we need.

That is the point of my thread. :) I can't read it cause it keeps rebooting.

Also did you try to fix the boot with a fdixmbr and fixboot in the Recovery Console?

i can't get the pc to boot with the xp CD.

Since you cant get into Safe Mode and there is no way to see the code. A repair install will be your best bet if Last Known Good Configuration doesnt work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom