still stressin

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzholdenluver

Baseband Member
ok seems no1 wants to help me with sata hard drives although i can understand why they a pain in the butt
thx anyway

What is the issues with SATA? I have 2 of them installed on my system. They are newer and not all systems support them right now. It is more difficult to know what to do with a SATA HDD unless you have them installed already to try to duplicate the problem.

I will try my best to help you out just let me know what is wrong. I didnt see your other topic therefor i couple help you before. I will assist you now if you wish.

well i got a gigabyte GA-8s661fxm motherboard and 2 seagate sata hard drives,ive tried just about everything to get them going ive got the drivers etc ive downloaded the manuals as well,itll except win2000 but not xp,it keeps sayin the error no matter wat ive done

What error do you keep getting? When you go to install it doesnt recognize the drives?

I had this problem myself. With XP it doesnt have the SATA drivers built into the install with some older discs so you have to slipstream them into the install. Also, and i know this is gonna sound stupid, did you turn the drives on in the BIOS? I know it sounds stupid but i have to ask. I had that issue before also where i forgot to turn on a drive and XP didnt recognize it.

So your best bet is to make sure your drivers are slipstreamed into the XP install. That way it should verify that you have drives. If this is not the issue then please tell me the error so i can look into this further.

yes i have made my own slistream xp boot disk have also changed bios to work with them the error is D:xpsts**\base\boot\setup\setup.c.

It sounds as if the Disc you made was corrupted somehow. The setup didnt burn right or something like that and hence the error. I think it has something to do with the \setup.c at the end. I have never seen nor heard of a file with a .c extension. It should be setup or setup32 for the XP install thru the i386 folder.

I would check out the disc from within 2000 and make sure everything else reads correctly. That is what it seems like from my end. Maybe try to redo the slipstream? that is all i can think of. Either that or find someone who has a XP with SATA support already available on it and see if that will work for you.

got me stumped

ive tried the slipstream disk on another pc n it worked fine (one without sata of course)both hard drives have been formatted etc its really got me stumped ay because when it comes to pc's i no wat im doing am able to rebuild em etc but be4 this id never heard of sata so the last 2weeks its just been trial n error hence the reason i feel ive tried everything there is to try,ill never agree to work with sata drives again i no that much lol.
am i able 2 only have 1 sata hard connected? whats the process with that?

Well i have 2 SATA HDD's connected to my mobo right now. Both are working and operating just fine. From the sounds of it, since the disc worked in another PC, that the slipstream of the SATA drivers didnt go correct or they are not the correct ones for you.

I know this sounds odd but it has happened. SATA drivers are very fickle and dont always work they way they are expected to. Are these the same drivers you used to get 2000 working?

As for the last question that depends on your mobo. I have a mobo that allows for 4 SATA HDD's to be connected. I have seen some mobo's only allow 2 SATA HDD's to be connected. I know your feelings on SATA. I had the same issues when i got this PC a year ago. I didnt know nothing and then all of a sudden i had to learn a lot in a couple days to get it working.

sata

well the strange thing is i didnt install nothing else with 2000 as in extra drives etc it went straight through setup without going to f6,ive even tried a xp disk that is a gigabyte xp disk go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom