Still running Win 95 - Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude2244

Baseband Member
My Parents gave me back my old Sony Viao (7 or 8 yrs. old) computer when I went to visit them. I have a Dell 2400 but wanted to setup the Sony in my kid's room just for internet use. The problem is it's still running on Windows 95 and is really hard to find any software. Is it wise to upgrade to 98 or 00? I don't want to invest much since it's an old comp. Thanks : )

TX. The cheapest I've seen so far is $80+. I don't have to buy the full version, right? I can just get the upgrade?

hmmm... seeing as we are dealing with win95,, and you are moving to 98se,,, and the machine is older,,, I would suggest that you format the drive and perform a reinstall,,,

Prior to doing this ,, I would use the connected pc,, and collect all the updates, upgrades, and driver packages for the Hardware that is in the machine,,

This will provide a current "clean" OS that should run smoothly and without issue.. Often during upgrades, there are small pieces of "stuff" that can remain and cause havok,, ultimately ending up in an FDISK- Format Position,,

Take the time to do it right,,

cheers

i think you should stick with win95, but reinstall it using the restore disc, wait did they have restore disks or disks. . . .? i think they would have given you an actual win95 CD, ROFL :p don't forget to save all important data to floppies before you re-install win95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom