Stereo Mix - Not working with new Headset

Skalleper

Beta member
Hello everyone and sorry if I posted this in the incorrect section!

So, I love to record when I play to upload to Youtube and I currectly own an Elgato Game Capture. Since I use a DVI-D cable to my monitor and the HDMI does not send any audio to the Elgato (Using Elgato as a third screen but mirror it with my main one) I've been using Stereo Mix to get audio to my recording.

This has been working well except for that I can't use the audio plugs on the front of my computer, only those in the back. Nonetheless, I have not really cared since I could do either way. When I have it plugged into the front Stereo Mix is totally dead and does not send any audio to the Elgato, making my clips without audio.

Now, I've bought a new headset that's wireless and uses USB instead of audio plugs. And I've been having the same problems like before...Stereo Mix is totally dead when the wireless headset is the "standard" one. I could have both headsets plugged in but it's still dead. If I switch over so the OLD headset is standard it works as a charm, just like before. This forces me to use my old headset which I don't want to :(

TL;DR

Stereo Mix does ONLY work if I have a wired headset plugged into the back of my computer, otherwise no.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for reading!!

Back
Top Bottom