Status 0xc00000f - need help

darcelfinastik

Beta member
Hi

I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop running windows 7 home premium 64bit. When I turn it on the following message/screen comes up:

Boot Manager:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause.

To fix the problem:

1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3.Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I have created a repair disk from a friends windows 7 64bit.
I've tried "repair computer" but when it's finished it brings up a blue screen with nothing on it.

I am getting very frustrated and I don't know what I might be doing wrong. Please if you can help me or direct me to something that can help me with this problem.

Thankyou in advance

I went through BIOS and no it does not list my hard drive. I also did a drive test and this is what it said:

Testing Drive: 1
SMART check: PASSED
Short DST: FAILED

FAILURE ID: MC1UW2-5MF6NR-XD015G-6OTEO3
PRODUCT ID: QG416PA#ABG.

Hard Disk Test: 1

Press Escape (esc) to go back to main menu or click the button below.

For more information, please visit: HP Notebook PCs Startup & No-Boot

Do you have any information on how I can fix this problem?

Thankyou

look inside you pc to see what brand name you hard drive is, if it's a Seagate then you'll need to get Seatools and if it's a Western Digital drive, you'll need to get Data Lifeguard Tools. These software programs are from hard drive manufactures and they are free to download and use. The software will check the health status of the drive and provide you with the results, usually a type of fault code if it does fail

You have already done a short DST test (fail) so you should run the Long DST test. Chances are that the drive in the OEM computer only has the warranty of the warranty of the pc on the day you bought it. Usually one year unless you got an extended warranty. You have a high probability of having to buy a new hard drive

Ive opened my laptop up to see my actual hard drive and its a Toshiba 750g hard drive..

How would i do the long DST test?

Ive had my laptop for a year and a half so warranty has run out so yes i may have to buy a new one:annoyed:

Thanx

Toshiba has diagnostic software at their web site which probably has all the tests you need
toshiba's support
Software Utilities

can't make recommendations to get a drive locally for your in NZ

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom