startup time & slowness of computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
well first of all I had my computer formated recently and I installed what i need and the basic stuff I want to install on my computer and even if I format thoroughly it still takes time to load windows and there is a point it stops the hard disk access and then it does not respond and a bit later it responds and this really annoys me and I really want to fix this problem. Also the other problem I am having is that when some of the programs run it says application error and some reference memory in 0x0000000 could not be read or write and i want to fix this problem i tried to defragment all my hard drive and the main hard disk that windows is installed was formatted and all the backup is on my other hard disk please tell me what can I do thanks.

well i don't think there is a problem with my hard disk or my RAM but my school's computer make me angry that they only have pentium 3 1Ghz and only 128Mb RAM 192 VM RAM and they computer is faster than mine. And it was supposed to be that it works the best at 256MB RAM for windows xp and theirs was windows xp pro but mines is home edition. My specs are as follows ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard, Pentium D 3Ghz not overclocked and hyper-threading enabled., 2x 512 Mb RAM 667Mhz and 1 40GB 1 80GB 1 400GB hard disk and they are all well defragged. I want to know what is my problem and it really sucks compared to other systems around me.

How do you know for sure your RAM or hard drives aren't going bad...look at the error message you're getting, that doesn't sound like slow performance problem.

You can compare a slow machine to a fast machine, if the faster machine is having hardware trouble, it's going to be worst than the slow machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom