Startup Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikfay2010

Beta member
For a while now I have been seeing my computer slow down more and more. Internet, the opening of menus and programs, etc.
Windows Task Manager says I have (normally) between 30-40 background processes running. I have tryed programs and forums to tweek my pc's performace and speed.

I decided to (msconfig) set my startup selection on Diagnostic Startup. That way I can then just turn on the startup services and progams that I want. Here is my question:

Which services do I need to be able to operate almost normally (internet - will not connect, themes - not showing, etc.) that I do not know the techie names to in the servieces tab?

Trying to clerify; Do I need DHCP client? or Net logon? And which one allows me to connect to the internet (I have cable). Thanks for any help.

im sure theres a programme that can do all of that for you, it just helps you through disabling services you dont need etc, im sure someone will enlighten me!?

the problem is that the programs that "do that for you" always ask you or expect you to know. I do not know what 85% of them do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom